Friday, November 9, 2012

Dear Lucy,

   My beautiful, amazing girl. I love you so. You are truly the greatest gift, God has ever given me. Today is November 8th, 2012. You are 22 months old, and you will be 23 months on the 20th. Mommy has a kidney disease. It's called Polycystic Kidney Disease. Mommy has known about her disease for 10 years. It hasn't caused many issues for mommy, until the past year and a half. Due to those issues, mommy is starting a medicine to help her. It's a trial drug and it's through Emory. Emory is a big hospital in Atlanta, Ga. Mommy wants to always be honest with you. Mommy doesn't want you to be scared. I'm doing this for you. You are my sunshine, and I want to be better for you. On November 19th, I will start the first trial which will last 8 weeks. After that, mommy will start a three year trial of the medicine. The medicine is called Tolvaptan. It's the first hope for patients with this disease. I'm writing you these letters so you know. So you know about us, about mommy, about this disease. I want you to know everything. I know a lot about my mommy, but there is a lot I don't know. I don't want that for you. I don't want you to ever wonder. You and I are doing this trial together. You are too young to remember a lot, so now you will know all about it. These are our love letters. My mommy always said, I love you just about better than anything. That's how I feel about you.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment