Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week 2 of Tolvaptan...stomach bug!!

Dear Lucy,

Whew! The past two days have been rough on mommy. Mommy is on her second week of Tolvaptan, with a current dose of 60mg at 8am and 30mg at 4pm. Two evenings ago, mommy started feeling sick to her stomach. After many hours of some type of stomach virus, the dehydration kicked in. I was well aware that the medicine could make me dehydrated but I did not realize how quickly. I didn't realize that dehydration could feel this bad. I took the medicine during the 8 week study, but I didn't get sick. I didn't deal with a cold turned sinus infection, then a stomach virus. It's making my mind play games, it's making me feel like it's the medicine. I'm trying to understand that it is just the likeliness of dehydration brought on from any illness while taking the medicine. I'm trying to grasp that it is not the medicine alone. It's the illness inducing additional issues.

I'm so thankful to be on this medicine, I just feel so bad right now. That kind of feeling you get when you have the flu. Ugh! I don't want to complain, I'm just fortunate to be Tolvaptan. I know that! Guess what, you just climbed up in my lap for some cuddle bug. You are so perfect. You bring mommy back down to earth when she gets a little off track. I love you sweet girl!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment